Thursday, March 11, 2010

Physical, Spiritual, Psychological Goals

My last Blog we rated our Optimal Wellness(Physical, Spiritual, Psychological) on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. I gave myself 9's and I believe because to me there is always room for improvement.

My physical goal is to be in the best shape I can be free from sickness, disease, body ailment, and obesity. Physical wellness is demonstrated by the overall fitness of an individual. It encourages principles of good health and knowledge which can affect behavior patterns that lead to a healthy lifestyle. This is my lifestyle and the life style that I strive for. Physical wellness involves respecting your body's own uniqueness and diversity, and engaging in practices that move you towards a higher level of health. Optimal physical well-being includes connecting with your physical self and avoiding harmful habits, while remaining focused on the balance of body-mind-spirit, something I exercise daily to discipline myself for the right regiment to achieve my well being goals.

It is important for everyone to explore what they believe is their own sense of meaning and purpose.The path to spiritual wellness may involve meditation, prayer, affirmations, or specific spiritual practices that support your connection to a higher power or belief system. Yoga and meditation can also help you develop spiritual wellness. Having compassion, the capacity for love and forgiveness, altruism, joy, and fulfillment help you enjoy your spiritual health. Your religious faith, values, beliefs, principles, and morals define your spirituality. I have benn achieving some extrodinary things with my spirituality but as I said there is always room to get better, I want to focus on my inner-man more and my relationship with God. I need more time in my prayer life and studying my innermost thoughts and dreams comparing them to the word of God to see if I can line up to God's plan to my life. When I achieve the ultimate spiritual balance as a man then will I be strong enough to accomplish the goals God has for me.

Being Psychologically Well (emotionally well) is more than just handling stress. It also involves being attentive to your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, whether positive or negative. Again on the scale I gave my self a 9 because the room for improvement, no ones perfect but we can strive for perfection. My goals for Psychological Wellness implies the ability to:
-Be aware of and accept our feelings, rather than deny them
-Have an optimistic approach to live
-Express feelings freely and manage feelings effectively
-Express emotions appropriately
-Adjust to change
-Cope with stress in a healthy way
-Enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations

Achieving these things will further strengthen me to hights unimiginable to my optimal wellness as a whole.

This concludes this Blog about my Goals for optimal well being, next I will explain some exercises one can do to achieve the optyimal wellness that leads to life style we all should want! UNTIL NEXT TIME!

Holla at you all later! Love is first and God is love, "THEN GOD IS FIRST IN YOUR LIFE"!

GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment