Monday, April 26, 2010

UNIT 9/Final Project

UNIT 9 PROJECT
“Growth in our health spiritually, physically, and psychologically”
BY: VIRDELL C. HAYDEN


I Introduction

When an emotion and psychological aspects are resolved we have a spiritual lesson and we can move forward positively and productively, without negative Souvenir storage of experience. It is our spiritual work in this life that recalls and reconnects with who we really are.

When we decide to strengthen our inner and outer man our lives are flooded with peace and happiness. And, when a negative sentiment is released and removed from our DNA, the door opens for us to live.

The areas that I need to develop in more is get in contact and attach myself to my inner man for healing spiritually, mentally from past pains and sorrow that directed my life in the negative side of the universe. I need to know GOD intimately as this intercourse will direct me further into greatness and into my purpose that destines me to be the strength and fighter for the faith, barer of the good news that love conquers all.

II Assessment:


• Spiritually- I have inner strength for conflict through Jesus Christ. Another ingredient toward spiritual strength is found during times of inconvenience. “Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better,” wrote British theologian Richard Hooker in the 16th century. It always seems inconvenient to pray, to study scriptural truth, to give financially to God, to witness, to apply the Word daily, or to attend church services. Perhaps you have heard it said that nothing great comes easy. I am on a level that is outstanding but I need to get to a higher plain to fulfill my purpose in GOD.

• Physically- My Inner power, physical strength and existential well-being in daily life exhibits my dedication to a life style as a warrior of love and not to compromise with negativity for personal gain or pleasure. This level is hard and it is a daily fight when we feed ourselves the right foods to nourish are bodies to keep it healthy, to feed ourselves wisdom to nourish our intellect and negativity must not overcome our thoughts and what we put in our bodies. I am close to my reason for existence and physical maximum accomplishments but not there yet must keep working hard with exercise to strengthen all of my senses. My body is a temple and my brain is the shrine that the temple holds for safety and protection from impurities of the earth.

• Psychologically/Emotions- My overall mental well-being
is a result of how my mind is equipped to handle setbacks. Even the most toughened of people have, at some point, experienced a mental cave in. If you are finding it hard to handle the world we live, in, be sure you are not the only one. Human beings are not robots and there are always going to be situations that give rise to symptoms of stress or depression. I have overcame so much in my life that a have a psychological armor that gets stronger everyday because of my beliefs and faith in GOD. This is a daily fight to keep my mind intact from all the things in this world that can make you go into a crazy state of disbelief and grief, mentally broke down to the confinements of this world. I will continue to Fight!

• I score my wellness spiritually, physically, and psychologically from a scale to one to ten, a 9 because there is always room to grow in my lord and my well-being but I am almost there where I want to be to conquer evil mentally/psychologically, spiritually, physically and emotionally where when I inter a space evil retreats.

III Goal development:


• Spiritual-All Christians should have clear spiritual goals, and these goals should be the most important goals in our lives! This is a non-optional component of a spiritually healthy life. I want live my life--doing the things calculated to win (disciplined training schedule; efficiency in effort)--but for different goals and for a different prize as the lord gives them to me to help others. MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO BE LIKE CHRIST!

• Physical- It’s not enough to decide on a health and fitness goal. You need a plan to reach that goal. Different fitness goals require different approaches. For example, weight loss requires you to regularly burn more kilojoules than you consume. My physical goal is to grow stronger physically intone with my mental and spiritual to be built for the war as a soldier of life and love.

• Psychological/Mental- Mental health goal setting is the process of thinking about and planning your future either coping with or eliminating the mental health issue currently hindering your ability to lead a successful life. Setting mental health goals also helps motivate you to move forward without becoming overwhelmed and feeling as though no progress is being made. It is possible to realistically cope with depression, anxiety disorders and other mental health issues by learning how to set personal goals for mental health. My goal is to be mentally strong to the point where I am able to conquer my transgressions in my mind before the battle starts to keep my mind sharp and ready for any counter attack from negativity and mental illnesses.

IV Practices for personal health:


• Strategies for Spiritual Growth: Spiritual growth is the process of inner awakening, and becoming conscious our inner being. It means the rising of the consciousness beyond the ordinary existence, and awakening to some Universal truths. It means going beyond the mind and the ego and realizing who you really are. Spiritual growth is a process of shedding our wrong and unreal conceptions, thoughts, beliefs and ideas, and becoming more and more conscious and aware of our inner being. This process uncovers the inner spirit that is always present, but hidden beyond the ego-personality. 10 strategies for spiritual growth:

1. Read spiritual and uplifting books. Think about what you read, and find out how you can use the information in your life.
2. Meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. If you do not know how to meditate, it is easy to find books, websites or teachers who can teach you meditation.
3. Learn to make your mind quiet through concentration exercises and meditation.
4. Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can really accept this idea, it will change your attitude towards many things in your life.
5. Look often into yourself and into your mind, and try to find out what is it that makes you feel conscious and alive.
6. Think positive. If you find yourself thinking negatively, immediately switch to thinking positively. Be in control of what enters your mind. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
7. Develop the happiness habit, by always looking at the bright side of life and endeavoring to be happy. Happiness comes from within. Do not let your outer circumstances decide your happiness for you.
8. Exercise often your will power and decision making ability. This strengthens you and gives you control over your mind.
9. Thank the Universe for everything that you get.
10. Develop tolerance, patience, tact and consideration for others.

• Strategies for Physical Growth: Physical health is determined by how we take care of or harm our bodies with nutrition, fitness, sleep habits, and drugs and alcohol use.
Strategies include fitness workouts, aerobics and weight training under a strict regiment. Nutrition diet to supplement a healthy body and mind, such as low carb, fruits and vegetables, no meat diet or fasting once two twice a week to clean impurities and negative intruders out of the body and mind.
Spend a few moments each day just to sit still. Without pushing or judging yourself, pay close attention to how your mind and body interact with each other. Carefully observe how your mind works. What is the eye that sees from within the mind? Meditate in whatever I do. Meditation means to stop thinking and to see things as they are, rather than as we wish they were. Any activity in everyday life can be a form of meditation if done wholeheartedly, playfully, and for its own sake.

• Strategies Psychological/Mental Growth: People who are emotionally healthy are in control of their emotions and their behavior. They are able to handle life’s inevitable challenges, build strong relationships, and lead productive, fulfilling lives. When bad things happen, they’re able to bounce back and move on.

The difference is that people with good emotional health have an ability to bounce back from adversity, trauma, and stress. This ability is called resilience. People who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the tools for coping with difficult situations and maintaining a positive outlook. They remain focused, flexible, and creative in bad times as well as good.
Building my resilience, one of the key factors in resilience is the ability to balance your emotions. The capacity to recognize your emotions and express them appropriately helps you avoid getting stuck in depression, anxiety, or other negative mood states. Another key factor is having a strong support network. Having trusted people you can turn to for encouragement and support will boost your resilience in tough times.

Trust in God, no matter the circumstances, having faith he will guide you to safety from the ills of the world.

• All of the strategies are basically a healthy life style that I choose to live to implement this in my life is to live my life by the concept of a Healthy way through self preservation and well-being of mind, body, soul, and spirit to achieve my ultimate purpose for God!
V Commitment:

Learning how to meet our own needs, means sometimes we will have to set up boundaries, such as saying no to the people in our lives. For some of us this can be extremely difficult. Asking for time to think about the request, gives you space to evaluate whether the request is something reasonable, within your value system, but more importantly whether it is something you even want to do. Checking with yourself and whether it will interfere with your needs is self care.
Developing healthy intimacy with ourselves is vital to setting healthy boundaries and having healthy relationships with others. We often try to create intimacy with another person, without having a healthy understanding of ourselves. We cannot be truly intimate with another if we are not intimate with ourselves.
Commitment is following Jesus. "Commitment demands a choice. Jesus wasted no time getting to the heart of commitment: Either the disciples would be committed to Him and deny their own desires, or they would be determined to go their own ways and deny Him. The choice to commit is the same for all believers - either deny ourselves or deny Him; either go His way or we pursue our way.

The goals of my personalized wellness program are to re-connect with my body and inner self so that I can radically improve my life, resolve concerns specific to me and my body and to provide myself with tools for a lifetime of balance. I will work on finding the right foods for my body and the other areas of my life that feed me on the deepest levels. This unique approach provides meaningful, lasting results that I will implement in my daily living committing myself to love, compassion, and protecting others through my lord and savior Jesus Christ. This is a lifetime of growth that one must asses themselves daily not just every 6 months or a year, it is a constant battle never ending until I die or my lord and savior returns for our judgment!

Daniel 6:1-28
They have the appearance of commitment.
-they talk the talk
-they don't walk the walk - There actions speak louder than their words telling of half-hearted -conditional commitment.


REMEMBER! “Love is First and God is Love” Then GOD is first in our lives! LUV YA!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vee I don't remember seeing you on DB, but you made some very powerful comments on my blog. You have the voice of a minister or evangelist. thank you for your vibrant and strengthening input. You made another point on your blog that I feel the need to comment on "fulfill my purpose." Yes. I am seeking Jesus Christ for that specific need and at last I feel Him fine tuning my skills. I am a warrior as you a front liner and I have had experiences and situations that have strenghtened my faith and my purpose. thank you for sharing and your 10 in spiritual speaks for itself.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virdell,

    You really know how to motivate and inspire people in all three categories after reading your blog. I find your words are so powerful and reach me on a spiritual level that makes me smile and feel all warm inside. I can see how close to Jesus you really are and this really comes through in all your posts. You make me feel good about myself in so many ways and I appreciate all your feedback and helpful tips you have provided me with from week-to-week this term. I know you will accomplish everything you want to in order to experience integral health and human flourishing. It seems as if you are already there and know what obstacles lie in your way. You know how to control them and fix them to benefit your needs. Don't let life ever bring you down. You are truly a caring individual and son of God who is watching over you daily. Turn to him when you need guidance and he will provide you with the answers you need when your heart is troubled. May God Bless you always and keep you in his care!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete